Blumat Digital Humidity/Moisture meter to measure soil humidity
Ceramic soil moisture sensor for determining the level of soil irrigation around plants in pots, containers and in the ground. The professional digital tensiometer for measuring soil moisture BLUMAT DIGITAL displays the water requirements of the plants at the touch of a button. The moisture meter is useful when it is difficult to estimate the moisture content of the soil, such as in deep containers. The Blumat sensor provides information on the amount of suction the roots need to "pull" water out of the ground.
In all types of soil, clay granules; indoors and outdoors, e.g. for hydration control:
- Plant in large containers
- Growing fruit and vegetables
- Cold-loving plants
- In storage granules
How it's working?
Unlike most other moisture sensors, Blumat Digital does not measure the dielectric permeability of the soil. The measurement takes place at the end of the porous ceramic cone. In contact with dry soil, the ceramic cone of the hygrometer loses water, if the soil is later irrigated, the cone sucks water out of it.
Different levels of soil moisture cause different negative osmotic pressure in the humidity sensor. The negative pressure is shown on the display. High values, e.g. above 200 mBar = dry earth; low values, e.g. below 50 mBar = wet earth. Measuring moisture helps you make decisions about plant watering, especially in larger vats or greenhouses.
The Blumat Digital tensiometer is placed close to the roots of the plant and can measure moisture at a depth of 15-18 cm with the press of a button.
Observations over a period of 1-2 weeks are an excellent method of determining whether the desired level of humidity is being maintained. After this period, we can transfer the sensor to another plant and repeat the observations.
- measurements: soil suction power at a temperature of 0-40 ° C
- accuracy: 10 mBar
- measuring / reading range: 0 - 750 mbar
- auto-off: after 10 seconds
- measurement depth: 18 cm, weight 32 g
- resistant to ambient temperature: 5 to 50 ° C
- display: 3-digit, + unit, + battery symbol
- Battery: Lithium 3V CR 2032, minimum 30,000 cycles
- EC: tested, complies with the European EMC regulation, protection type IP 55
- units of measurement: mbar
|PH meter type:|
to the soil