EC PORTABLE MEASURING INSTRUMENT MODEL: MW302
Robust electronic EC-meter with LCD display
(for measuring the nutrient content of the solution)
In hydroponic cultivation, this instrument will allow you to check whether the plants have already absorbed nutrients - then replace the solution.
It also makes it easier to set up your own composition of the nutrient solution (without using the tables of fertilizer manufacturers) and minimize the risk of "burning" plants by overdosing on fertilizers
- The meter is compatible with 9V battery. Slide the flap on the back of the instrument and insert the batteries according to the poles.
- Connect the probe to the instrument by aligning the plug ends.
- Make sure that the meter has been properly calibrated before any measurement is taken. (see "calibration procedure")
- Immerse the tip of the EC probe (approx. 4cm) in the solution. If possible, use a plastic vessel to minimize EMC interference.
- Turn on the instrument (ON) using the ON/OFF button.
- Wait for the temperature sensor to reach the thermal equilibrium level before taking the measurement.
- After taking the measurement, turn off the instrument (OFF). The probe should be cleaned and dry well. You can use alcohol for better cleansing.
NOTE: Always use the calibration table on the packaging of the calibration solution
- Clean the probe with alcohol and allow it to dry.
- Open the calibration solution vessel (see "specification") and immerse the probe with the confidence that the metal tips are fully submerged.
- Wait until the thermal balance is reached and the reading is stable.
- Adjust the calibration knob on the back of the instrument with a screwdriver so that the value is displayed
1.4 mS/cm = 1400uS/cm (unless otherwise stated in the table on the calibration fluid)
- At this stage the calibration is complete, the instrument is ready for use.
- It is recommended to re-calibrate the instrument once a month and when the battery or probe is replaced.
When the batteries are close to exhaustion, the instrument will show a "V".
When the low battery indicator appears, they have about 50 hours left. Weak batteries can cause the instrument to show incorrect readings.
It is recommended to replace the batteries systematically. Batteries can only be replaced in a safe place. It must be a 9V battery. Turn off the instrument, slide the flap down and replace the 9V battery with a new one. We need to make sure that the battery is inserted according to the poles, after which we close the flap again.
RANGE / RESOLUTION 0 to 10.0 mS/cm / 0.1 mS/cm
ACCURACY (approx. 25°C) ±0.2 full scale
CALIBRATION SOLUTION 1.41 mS/cm (M10031B)
CONDUCTIVE PROBE SE520
ENVIRONMENT 0 to 50°C, 95% RH max.
BATTERY TYPE 1 x 9V
BATTERY LIFE approx. 300 hours
DIMENSIONS 145 x 80 x 40 mm
WEIGHT 220g (with battery)
Built-in microprocessor for fast and accurate measurement
Replacement electrodes available on request
Electrode warranty: 6 months
Electrode value: 1-2 years
Slim and compact - 145 x 80 x 40 mm
For proper use and calibration, calibration fluids are needed: 1413μS/cm and for cleaning and storage of electrodes
-power battery (standard 9V)